Salary: £32,500 (pro-rata for part time hours)
Hours of Work: Minimum of 28 hours per week (hybrid working available)
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow (hybrid working available). The role will require the ability to travel across our office locations and throughout Scotland as required.
Closing Date: 12pm (Noon) on Monday, 27th November. We expect interviews to take place week commencing 11th December 2023.
Purpose of the role:
• Develop and lead Clan’s communication and marketing strategy, with the objective of further raising our profile, influencing policy, driving income and increasing our brand recognition.
• Ambitiously extend our reach and impact through a range of innovative campaigns and influencing strategies.
• Manage our external and internal communications.
About Clan Childlaw
Clan Childlaw is Scotland’s law centre for children and young people. Clan Childlaw is a team and everything that everyone at Clan Childlaw does to deliver our services and keep things running – from answering the phone to organising a training event, publishing information on our website, running our projects, working on a funding application, representing a child in a Childrens Hearing or responding to a Scottish Government consultation – all helps to protect and strengthen children’s rights and improve their lives.
What We Do
• We are lawyers for children and young people representing children and young people in court, at Children’s Hearings, and in important meetings working to protect their rights and make sure their voices are heard.
• We offer training and resources and a legal helpline to make the law easier to navigate for people who support and advocate for children and young people.
• We use our knowledge of the law, and experience as practicing lawyers for children and young people, to ask decision makers and lawmakers to change the law and the way the law is used to make sure that children and young people’s rights are a reality in Scotland.
• Child-Centred: Children and young people are at the heart of everything we do.
• Accessible: We make sure our services are accessible to children and young people
• Professional: Our lawyers carry out legal work for our clients to high professional standards.
• Practice Based: All our work is guided by our experience as lawyers working with children and young people.
For a full job description & person specification, see below:
If you’re interested, please visit our application page here, and click apply now. Deadline for applications is noon on Monday 27th November 2023.