Salary: £22,749 – £27,000 (DOE, pro rata for part time working)
Hours of Work: 28 hours
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow (hybrid working available). The role will require the ability to travel across our office locations and throughout Scotland as required.
Closing Date: 12pm (Noon) on Monday, 27th November. We expect interviews to take place week commencing 11th December 2023.
Purpose of the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen in a new role working to develop, support, and facilitate Clan Childlaw’s training programme and membership offer. Clan lawyers design and deliver training to a variety of audiences including frontline practitioners and professionals whose work supports children and young people, and legal professionals. The postholder will coordinate the delivery of Clan Childlaw’s training programmes to ensure a high standard of delivery, evaluating success and contributing to the ongoing development and continuous improvement of our training programme.
This role will also support the launch and delivery of our new Lawyers for Children membership network, a high-profile training programme offering essential skills for legal professionals representing children and young people. The postholder will coordinate enquiries and onboard new members, monitor activity of the network and identify areas for improvement and development. They will work closely with the Communications Manager and the Development and Engagement Manager to coordinate marketing and communications to help build and establish the network and to identify new audiences to support its continued growth.
Engaging with a variety of stakeholders is a key part of the role including liaising across Clan Childlaw teams and connecting with external networks to support and promote our training. Another important part of this role will be updating and maintaining records on our database to help manage membership communications and to report on membership activity.
About Clan Childlaw
Clan Childlaw is Scotland’s law centre for children and young people. Clan Childlaw is a team and everything that everyone at Clan Childlaw does to deliver our services and keep things running – from answering the phone to organising a training event, publishing information on our website, running our projects, working on a funding application, representing a child in a Childrens Hearing or responding to a Scottish Government consultation – all helps to protect and strengthen children’s rights and improve their lives.
What We Do
• We are lawyers for children and young people representing children and young people in court, at Children’s Hearings, and in important meetings working to protect their rights and make sure their voices are heard.
• We offer training and resources and a legal helpline to make the law easier to navigate for people who support and advocate for children and young people.
• We use our knowledge of the law, and experience as practicing lawyers for children and young people, to ask decision makers and lawmakers to change the law and the way the law is used to make sure that children and young people’s rights are a reality in Scotland.
• Child-Centred: Children and young people are at the heart of everything we do.
• Accessible: We make sure our services are accessible to children and young people
• Professional: Our lawyers carry out legal work for our clients to high professional standards.
• Practice Based: All our work is guided by our experience as lawyers working with children and young people.
For a full job description & person specification, see below:
If you’re interested, please visit our application page here, and click apply now. Deadline for applications is noon on Monday 27th November 2023.