Role:?NQ Solicitor (2 years fixed term)???
Salary:?£27,500 per annum
Hours of work:?Full-time (35 hours a week)
Location:?2 Positions – 1 Edinburgh and 1 Glasgow
Due to further expansion we are recruiting 2 NQ Solicitors.
You will be based in either Glasgow or Edinburgh but travel is an essential part of the job and the applicant should be able to attend?our other office and?other locations throughout Scotland, and regularly work?outwith?contractual office hours to deliver outreach services, or as other business needs?require. Flexible working and TOIL are available.??
Membership of the PVG Scheme is essential for this role and the successful candidate will be required to apply for the scheme and produce an acceptable PVG Scheme Record.?
PURPOSE OF JOB:????
To work as part of the Clan Childlaw?team to deliver legal representation, outreach services, legal information, and training, and contribute to policy work.??
- Deliver child-centred legal outreach?services and?provide a high standard of all legal services to clients of Clan Childlaw, including representation at Court and Children’s Hearings.???
- Provide accurate legal information and guidance on the law affecting children and young people, and on children’s rights, by phone and email.??
- Develop and deliver training on legal issues to professionals and practitioners who work with children and young people.??
- Participate in and contribute a practice-based view in relation to policy activities.?
- Be responsible for your own client caseload including all administration, legal aid and feeing, carrying out and recording monthly file reviews and estimating value of Work?in Progress.??
- Maintain awareness of developments in all relevant areas of law and undertake appropriate Continuing Professional Development. Plan arrange and record CPD in line with LSS requirements.?
- Advance the aims and objectives of Clan Childlaw, represent Clan Childlaw at public forums,?and assist with the publicity and promotion?of the organisation.?
- Handle?confidential information about service users, staff and volunteers in accordance?with?Clan Childlaw’s confidentiality policies and practices.?
- Work as part of the Clan Team, providing support and cover to others as required.??
You must be:??
- a solicitor with a current practising certificate and knowledge of legal procedures, the law and legal issues as they relate to children and young people.?
- someone with?experience of working successfully with children and young people,?or with experience of working with people experiencing?social exclusion and presenting with multiple / complex needs.?
- someone who has experience and understanding of the client group, local community and/or sector.??
- someone with experience in providing information about legal issues to professionals and to people without a legal background.??
- someone with experience?in developing and delivering training,?or?a desire to?learn to?do so.??
- someone who is excited by and committed to the policy work of Clan Childlaw.?
- someone who has knowledge and understanding of the current issues involving?children’s?rights in Scotland.?
- someone who finds it easy to make connections with and communicate with clients, and has?a real ability to communicate warmly, patiently, sensitively and in a child-friendly way, even when explaining complex legal facts and discussing difficult situations.??
- someone adaptable who can improvise, think on their feet,?and adjust to work in a way which accommodates?those we represent?and business needs.??
- someone who will turn their hand to any jobs and types of work as required for services to run and is motivated by resolving problems and helping others achieve outcomes and goals.???
- someone who has experience of doing legal aid work.?
- someone with?experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information.??
- someone who can work independently, using their own initiative and judgement to make decisions about workload and priorities, and?meet deadlines?while under pressure.?You must be comfortable doing urgent and ‘last minute’ work as this is often required.???
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the job application and return to
For more information, contact Operations Manager Mike Heffron on 0808 129 0522 or via email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 11pm, Sunday, August 25, 2019.?