What data do we collect?
Clan Childlaw may ask you for the following data:
- Email address
- Job Title
- Phone number
- Billing Address
- Information on the services you wish to receive from Clan Childlaw
How do we collect your data?
Clan Childlaw will collect data about you if you use this website to book an event, make a donation, join our mailing list, or submit an enquiry.
How will we use your data?
If you make an enquiry via the website contact forms, we will use your data to:
- Respond to your enquiry
- Send you a survey after your enquiry has been answered
- Produce anonymised reports about enquiries for our board and funders
If you book one of our events, we will use your data to:
- Provide you with information, updates and reminders about the event
- Allow the event leader to pitch the event or training at an appropriate level
- Send an evaluation form after the event to help us improve our services
- Produce anonymised reports about event attendance for our board and funders
If you join the Child Law Network email list, we will use your data to:
- Send you emails regarding future events or updates relating to our work
- Tailor the content of our emails to suit different audiences
We use the third-party email provider Mailchimp to send the Child Law Network emails.
If you make a payment through the Clan Childlaw website (e.g., a donation or event booking) your payment details are processed by Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
If you have made a donation, your data may also be used to claim gift aid.
How long will we keep your data?
There are legal and regulatory requirements for us to keep certain data for certain amounts of time. We also keep some data to help our business operate and to have information available when we need it.
- If you contact us with an enquiry, we will keep your data for one year from the date of the enquiry.
- If you book an event, we will keep your data for approximately 6 months.
- If you make a donation or other payment, we will keep your data for up to 7 years. This is for tax purposes.
- If you sign up for our newsletter we will keep your data indefinitely, unless you choose to unsubscribe.
This site, like many others, uses small files called cookies to help customise your experience.
What are your data protection rights?
Clan Childlaw wants to make sure that you are fully aware of all your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Clan Childlaw corrects any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Clan Childlaw to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Clan Childlaw erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Clan Childlaw’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Clan Childlaw transfer the data that it has collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, Clan Childlaw have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 080 129 0522.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel Clan Childlaw have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on email@example.com or 0303 123 1115.